are in Italics
Fish & Wildlife Mgmt.
Model Design & Building
Pulp and Paper
Reptile & Amphibian Study
Small Boat Sailing
Soil & Water
Choose TWO groups that have different racial, cultural, national, or ethnic
backgrounds. Use these groups to meet requirements 1, 2, and 3. Also complete
requirement 4 and either requirement 5a or 5b.
- Do TWO of the following, choosing a different group for each:
- Go to a festival, celebration, or other event identified with one of the
groups. Report on what you see and learn.
- Go to a church, clubhouse, school, or other institution identified with
one of the groups. Report on what you see and learn.
- Talk with a person from one of the groups about the heritage and
traditions of the group. Report on what you learn.
- Learn a song, dance, poem, or story that is traditional to one group,
and teach it to a group of your friends.
- Go to a library or museum to see a program or exhibit featuring one
group's traditions. Report on what you see and learn.
- Imagine that one of the groups had always lived alone in a city or country
to which no other groups ever came. Tell what you think the city or country
might be like today. Now tell what you think it might be like if both groups
lived there at the same time.
- Tell about some differences between the religious and social customs of
the two groups. Tell about some ideas or ways of doing things that are similar
in both groups.
- Tell about a contribution made to our country by three different people,
each from a different background such as black American, white American,
Native American, Hispanic-American, Asian-American, or any other background of
your choosing. Their backgrounds may be religious, as well, such as Jews,
Muslims, Hindus, etc.
- Do ONE of the following:
- Give a talk to your troop or school class on how people from different
groups have gotten along together. Lead a discussion on what can be done to
help various groups understand one another better.
- Tell about some achievements of the United Nations accomplished by
people of many cultures and beliefs working in one organization. Tell how
the U.N. has dealt with some problems caused by conflicts between different