are in Italics
Fish & Wildlife Mgmt.
Model Design & Building
Pulp and Paper
Reptile & Amphibian Study
Small Boat Sailing
Soil & Water
- Tell some of the characteristics of 10 breeds of dogs; OR give a short history of one.
- Point out on a dog (or on a sketch) at least 10 parts. Give the correct name of each.
- Present a report signed by a parent or guardian describing the care you have given your
dog for 2 months. Include these items: feeding schedule, food used, housing, exercising,
grooming, and bathing. Tell what has been done to keep the dog alert and healthy.
- Present a written report showing about how much it costs to keep your dog for 2 months.
- Explain the right way to obedience train. Show with your dog any three of these
commends: "Come," "Sit," "Down," "Heel,"
"Stay," "Take it," Drop it," "Get it."
- Do at least TWO of the following:
- Describe what should be done to remove fleas, ticks, and lice from your dog.
- Describe the symptoms of the following: distemper, rabies, mange, ringworm. Explain what
you would do if your dog showed any of these symptoms.
- Describe the proper treatment for sore ear, sore eye, fits, removing something swallowed
by a dog, removing something stuck in its throat.
- Explain first aid for a dog bite. List the things as needed in every dog owner's first
- Explain precautions to take in handling a hurt dog. Show how to put on an emergency
safety muzzle. Explain how to treat wounds. Show how to put on a simple dressing and
bandage to the foot, body, or head. Explain what to do if a dog is hit by a car.
- Tell the dangers of home treatment of a serious ailment. Report on a visit to a
veterinary hospital; or report on a visit to an animal shelter.
- Know the laws and ordinances involving dogs in force in your town.