Den Chief Service Award
|(SEE DEN CHIEF HANDBOOK FOR DETAILED REQUIREMENTS)
1. Serve the pack faithfully for 1 full year.
2. Attend a den chief training conference (if available within year
of service) OR be trained by the
3. Know the purposes of Cub Scouting.
4. Help Cub Scouts achieve the purpose of Cub Scouting.
5. Be the activities assistant in den meetings.
6. Set a good example by attitude and uniforming.
7. Be a friend to the boys in the den.
8. Take part in weekly meetings.
9. Assist the den at the monthly pack program.
10. Know the importance of the monthly theme.
11. Meet as needed with the adult members of the den, pack or troop.
12. Complete four of these projects:
(a) Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout special
as a Scouting show, bicycle rodeo, etc.
(b) Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout Day
(c) Advance one Boy Scout rank.
(d) Assist in recruiting three new Cub Scouts.
(e) Assist three Webelos Scouts to join a troop.
(f) Help to plan and carry out a joint
(g) Recommend another Boy Scout to be a den chief to
Chief Service Award Worn as a Boy Scout after
completing the above requirements
||Cub Den Chief Cord Worn while serving
as a Cub Den Chief
||Webelos Den Chief Cord Worn while
serving as a Webelos Den Chief