|Requirements effective April 1, 1999
- Be active in your troop or patrol for at least 6 months as a Star Scout.
- Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath (Promise) and Scout
Law in your everyday life.
- Earn five more merit badges (so that you have 11 in all), including
any three more from the required list for Eagle.
- The required list for Eagle has 15 merit badges in 12 categories. Any
of the 15 may be used for this requirement.
- While a Star Scout, take
part in service projects totaling at least 6 hours of work. These projects must be
approved by your Scoutmaster.
- While a Star Scout, serve
actively for 6 months in one or more of the troop positions of responsibility listed in
requirement 5 for Star Scout (or carry out a Scoutmaster-assigned leadership project to
help the troop).
- Take part in a Scoutmaster conference.
- Complete your board of review.