|Note: Requirements are effective April 1, 1999
- Complete the fifth grade, or be 11 years old, or have earned the
Arrow of Light Award, but be younger than 18 years old.
- Submit a completed Boy Scout application and health history form
signed by your parent or guardian.
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handclasp.
- Demonstrate tying the square knot (joining knot).
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or
promise, Law, motto, and slogan, and the Outdoor Code.
- Describe the Scout badge.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet
"How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse."
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference.