This award requires elements of Training, Performance and Tenure:
- Complete one year as a registered Cub Scout Den
Leader. Dates of service used to earn one key or award cannot be
used to earn another key or award.
- Complete "The New Den Leader" Fast Start Training
- Complete Cub Scout Leader Basic Training
- Attend at least four Cub Scout roundtables or a Cub Scout Leader pow
Do five of the following:
- During at least one program year, have a
minimum of 50 percent of the Cub Scouts in your den earn the rank
for their grade or age (Wolf or Bear)
- At least once, reregister a minimum of 75
percent of the eligible members of your den as a part of pack
- Graduate a minimum of 60 percent of the
eligible members of your den into Webelos Scouting.
- Have an assistant den leader or second adult
who regularly meets with your den.
- Have a den chief who regularly meets with
- Take leadership in planning and conducting a
den service project.
- Conduct at least three den meetings per
month, nine months per year, or follow an optional plan approved by
- Participate with your den in a Cub Scout day
camp or Cub Scout resident camp experience.
- Explore three Ethics in Action activities
with your den members in one year.
- Hold regular den meeting and den activity
planning sessions with your assistant den leader.
Return to the top of the page
ScoutingBSA.org web site is a
legacy site of the Viking Council BSA, now Northern Star Council.
This site was the original council site and was active from 1996 to
2002 and run by volunteers. As the web became more important to
Scouting, the council took over with paid staff. This site is no
longer maintained but is an interesting snapshot of an early Scouting
web site. You can share your comments
on-line form or
send a message to the
Webmaster. Thank you